I create all of my work in my seaside studio on the Midcoast of Maine. On the following pages, you will find a sampling of designs in the current collections.
- The Première Collection features a selection of classic and fun pieces
- The Seaside Collection is inspired by the ocean and showcases real sea glass
- The Bridal Collection offers the bride special pieces both for her and for her attendants, including necklaces and earrings custom made to match the colors of the wedding or the bridesmaids’ gowns
Every one of my stylish and timeless pieces has been handcrafted from the finest quality fourteen-karat gold fill* or sterling silver and semi-precious stones and/or freshwater pearls.
As much as I enjoy making the jewelry, it gives me even more pleasure to see it being worn and enjoyed. What could be nicer than creating something beautiful for you that enhances your own natural beauty?
Each piece of jewelry comes in a silky amethyst drawstring bag. I will also be happy to gift wrap your purchase at no extra charge.
Necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and pendants are all available. Please note that since I do not make multiples of each design, pieces pictured here may already be sold. Please contact me regarding the piece(s) that interest you, or to discuss what you are looking for. If I do not have what you are seeking in my current collection, I will do my best to create it for you, provided I can find the stones and other components required for the particular design.
*Jewelry made from 14-karat gold fill is considered heirloom-quality jewelry. Fourteen-karat gold fill should never be confused with gold plate. In fact 14-karat gold fill contains 200 times more gold than gold plate. Fourteen-karat gold fill is an affordable variation on pure 14-karat gold, and is considered lifetime jewelry. It is created by forming solid fourteen-karat gold with a filling, only at its very core, of base metal (usually brass). Because the very center is not gold, the cost is far more reasonable than full 14-karat gold. In sharp contrast, gold plate is base metal with only a “nail polish” of gold applied on top. The thin coating of gold on gold plate will wear off. Fourteen-karat gold fill, on the other hand, will always remain true gold.
Maine Boats, Homes & Harbors Show!- Rockland, Maine – Aug. 2014
- Come see me in Tent A! I have lots of new designs, including a line of leather and baroque South Pacific pearl necklaces and bracelets!
I’ve got lots of new pieces to show you, including beautiful hand-hammered hoops set with Murano glass! Please visit my booth at:
- Artfull Gifts Holiday Show, Nov. 22-24, Point Lookout, Route 1, Northport, Maine
You will also find my jewelry at:
- Michael Good Gallery, 499 Main St., Rockland, Maine
- Once A Tree, 31 Main St., Camden, Maine
- Owls Head Transportation Museum Shop, 7 Museum St., Owls Head, Maine
- Mimi Steadman & Co., Damariscotta Center, 157 Main St. (lower level), Damariscotta, by chance or appointment (call 563-6525)
- Mimi Steadman Studio, Edgecomb, by appointment only (call 563-6525)